Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday Sugar High!

Everyone recognizes this delicious goodness right? After receiving an excellent report from their babysitter, the kids reaped the rewards...an INSIDE trip to Krispy Kream! We occasionally hit the drive-thru, but today we treated the kids to a dozen donuts and a glass of milk sitting right next to the giant conveyor belt. Watching the donut making process added some extra fun. Thomas and Lauren even tried their hand at "quality control" by making sure they notified the workers every time they saw a donut that didn't flip and get cooked on both sides! Ronan and Claire had their first turns in restaurant high chairs. They did well and even sampled some small bites of glazed donuts....anything made of that much sugar just dissolves in the mouth anyway...no need for teeth or chewing. I think they liked it!

I neglected to bring my camera so these shots are from Brian's cell. I am pretty sure the KK people and the other customers are thinking "Wow, that family must not get out much. Look how excited they are to put on hats and eat donuts"!


And so begins the Sunday Sugar High!