Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hearts and candy galore!

Lauren and her cousin Grace in a pre-valentine picture. I think Lauren likes that Grace is still small enough to hold a little longer than Claire and Ronan. She is starting to squirm around, but won't jump out of Lauren's arms like the twins do...yet! Cutting and gluing, cutting and gluing, cutting and gluing. The kids actually MADE their valentines this year! Thomas had to make 25 for his class and teachers and Lauren had to do 10. We cut out a ton of different sized hearts on all different kinds of paper and they just went to town putting them together in different ways and using stickers for decoration. I thought for sure Thomas would get bored after the first two, but he was totally in to it this year! Hooray! I'll take it!



Nice view of your cupcake T.
Out of order picture...Lauren is decked out for her Valentine party at school. What outfit would be complete with out her signature item...the cowgirl boots?

We had a nice valentine dinner on Saturday with Grammy and Gramps. Good cousin time too!

Connor sweetly tried to help Claire and Ronan look at their valentines. He used his super high baby voice and kept saying "here babies, here you go babies". What a good brother.
Brian brought home flowers on Friday! Roses for me and then a carnation for each of the kiddos. White for the boys and red for the girlies. So sweet... I really liked that he got flowers for the kids too.
Thank goodness the candy is finally out of the house. Thomas and Lauren each came home with a bag of it after their Valentine's Day parties on Friday. They both shared generously with Connor which was very nice, but I am glad that today we didn't hear "can I have a piece of candy for my breakfast dessert?" It always cracks me up when the kids say stuff like that because it makes it seem like we have actually given them "breakfast dessert" sometime in the past and we most certainly have not! :)