Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Good Hair Day?

My mom used to put the little pink sponge rollers in our hair when we were little and I thought it was about time to try it out with Lauren. She was more than up for it when I told her that she would have "movie star" hair!
Well...I didn't know that the movie star to which I was referring was Shirley Temple on steroids or a brunette Orphan Annie! Lauren insisted that at the bottom of her hair we use the smallest sponge rollers. I think that with her natural curl to give it a boost, we know in the future that the smallest size is no longer necessary.
As you can see Lauren was happy with her new do, and it did look pretty cute once we got a bow in it. Sleeping on it with out the curlers did nothing to soften the effect and she still had curlies today until I raked through it....we settled for some very full bodied waves instead. What I wouldn't give for a little natural curl in MY hair that is pin straight. I am sure when she is a teenager she will be begging my to iron HERS flat!!! Grass is always greener I guess.