Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Highlights 2009 Vol II

Thomas with Grandpa Denis and Grandma Sallie. Let me start by saying that there are a LOT of pictures in this post, but considering that I was trigger happy with my new camera and took about 600 photos, I think I narrowed it down pretty well. But then again this is just Christmas Eve! And I must also say CURSE YOU blogspot because I can't ever remember to load pictures in reverse order especially since you can only load five at a time and have to do multiple uploads! Okay...anyway..this is us at the end of our wonderful Christmas Eve get together. We had just returned from Mass and I promised the kids they could open one last present before bed. HATS and SWEATERS!!! Luckily not too exciting and off they went to bed eager to shut their eyes so that Santa would arrive.
This is what a coordinated present opening looks like with five kids ages 6yrs and younger. Goofballs!



This is my Grandma Joy...she is hilarious and wonderful. Claire is Claire Cecilia after her, Joy Cecilia. I hope that Claire has some of my grandma's joy in her life.

My brother Tim doesn't like to be photographed....except doing "Burque" face! This is like a half burque. :) Ha! I am sure many of you have no idea what I am talking about. Grady family humor I guess.

Boopie Doop... with Grandpa!

Lexi, Tim, Tammy, Samantha and Autumn (Jeff is missing).Grammy and Gramps, Carol and Jerry.


Ronan and Claire above with aunt Sam and aunt Lexi, and Ronan below looking up at his great grandpa Bobby.
Our beautiful mothers.... Crazy aunt Tammy got the kids these swirly straws...so fun!

Lauren was all too happy to model her new coat and hat from Grammy.
This is everyone opening the ornaments that the kids made for them this year. Everyone got a different color.

Lauren's reactions to things never disappoint!
My grandma Joy and grandpa Bobby

Adam Thornton (Tammy's husband) raises a glass.


We had such a good time on Christmas Eve! It was wonderful to have so much of our family at our home. The kids were in heaven! Heading to Mass was the perfect ending to a perfect day...taking a little time to remember what the holiday is really all about.