Thomas and Lauren joined the Corrales Swim Team this summer. When we started it was just Thomas and we had decided we would not do any meets. After a few weeks Thomas got wise and said "What's the point of practicing every day if we are not doing meets? I want to do meets!" And Lauren said "I can swim that far too!" So the coaches said Lauren could participate as long as she could swim the length of the pool even though she is only five. We went to our first meet at Sierra Vista pool and the rest is history....the kids LOVED it!!
Coach Cameron gives Thomas and Lauren some last minute pointers.
Lauren was SO proud that she received a ribbon. I was so proud of her in general for being fearless and going head to head with all the older kids!
The spectators.
We did 4 meets at the end of the summer and Thomas even ended up qualifying for the City Meet in the 25yd buttlerfly. Not bad for our first year. I think we will definitely be signing on again next summer!