The purpose of our visit to Chicago was actually to deliver Samantha (my sister) to a volleyball camp at Notre Dame. Tammy and I took the opportunity to "sell" her on our alma mater Saint Mary's College which is the sister school of ND. So we headed off in our rented minivan bound for South Bend, Indiana. Claire was content with her pacifier...Lauren got a little car sick. We only had a paper bad to offer her and unfortunately paper will only hold liquid for so long....blah!
Here we are! Big sisters and little sisters in front of Le Mans Hall at SMC. Tammy and I both lived here during our time at SMC and loved it. Sam and Lexi visited us a time or two for Little Sib Weekends during college. Being on campus (which is much improved since I graduated) was very nostalgic... aaahhh good times!
Lauren offers up a "Prayer to the Guardian Angel" at the grotto at ND. It was surreal to bring my daughters to all of these special places that I used to frequent years ago. I can't believe I used to roller blade with a walkman from SMC to ND! I think my freshman year in college was the very last year that rollerblading and walkmen were cool.
What a special trip! Great sister time...Lexi was a joy, it was fun to see Sam checking out the colleges, Tammy is a hoot as always, and the little ones relished the time away from brothers I think. When can we do it again girls?? The only thing missing was mom! But it's okay since she was on an adventure of her own in Germany etc!