Friday, January 21, 2011

How I am going to drive my mom INSANE, by Ronan McCarthy

#1  Develop a sixth sense for when things that are usually locked/childproofed are accidentally left UNlocked or mom's efforts are inadvertently sabotaged by one of my siblings.  My favorite is the bathroom, where I have been known to swish toothbrushes in the toilets or unravel the toilet paper.  Aerosol cans are fun too!  Today though, it was the pantry...I discovered flower and sugar in this normally off-limits wonderland!  And as if that wasn't enough, someone moved the fish food from its usual HIGH location to a nice easy location for me.  And you wouldn't believe how easily I just popped that top right of...it was like a party with fish food confetti!  I don't think my mom likes parties.



#2  Use my super radar to find things that no one even knows are hidden throughout the house.  If you crawl around long enough and under enough beds you'll be amazed at the cool stuff you can find!  Today I found an old  lipstick in the far reaches of Lauren's closet.  I got my finger stuck in the tube but that waxy red stuff was awesome! 


#3 Climb climb climb. Whatever whenever!  Today I climbed on the table to swing the light.  I do this quite often but I have learned to swing and duck because it does actually hurt when I get smacked in the head with that heavy light and my mom is less and less sympathetic.  I also climbed on my sisters bed and pulled a picture off of the wall which then fell behind her bed.  My best trick of the day was to climb on an end table and flip the switch from "heat"  to "cool" on the thermostat!  Ha ha ha! Watchin' my mom shiver was so funny!



#4  Never ever learn what the word "NO" means.  My mom sure tells me that a lot, but I don't know what she wants me to do.  I thought I would end the day with a naked ride on my dog.  What could be better?!


A note from Ronan's mom:  I know that some of you reading this feel my pain.  You are going through exactly the same thing.  I ask you:  HOW do they always know the exact window of opportunity for trouble? Like when you are changing another kids diaper or you just duck into the laundry room to switch the loads for 30 seconds.  It's not like we aren't watching 99.9% of the time.  Sheesh!  I think his plan for sending me to the looney farm is working.