Saturday, May 22, 2010
Feeling Very Blessed
Two Novembers ago when we found out we were having twins (and I was freaking out) my youngest brother, Tim, told me I was "too blessed to be stressed". Very true, I thought, and have TRIED to keep that in mind ever since. Last summer when Claire and Ronan were born my friend, Megan, found a t-shirt for me bearing that exact phrase! I wear it often (mostly for pajamas), but I don't feel that I have been living the motto lately. It is easy to forget just how blessed we are in the midst of....well, everything. Looking at this picture made me stop and count my blessings. We have a beautiful and HEALTHY family, a great house and pretty yard to enjoy, a fantastic extended family (in the picture are Brian's mom, sister and grandmother), a fantastic group of friends, many of whom have bunches and bunches of kiddos too! And that is just to name a few of our many many blessings. I have mentioned this before...my kids are SO lucky to grow up knowing FOUR GREAT-grandparents. I am so happy that Jane, Brian's grandmother from San Mateo, California has come to visit.