Tuesday, June 16, 2009

New Arrivals

Are they boxing or snuggling? The one below is definitely a snuggle. :)
Brian has his hands full now!
Claire stretches out more than any baby I have every seen. She doesn't just stay in that scrunched up fetal position.
Ronan is Thomas made over...we can't believe the resemblance.
I feel divided! Who do I pick up first? Who do I talk to first? :)
Connor greeting Ronan. He says "too cute mama, too cute!".

Just as Lauren is partial to Claire, Thomas thinks Ronan is the coolest.
We were all smiles when Claire came home.
Claire and Ronan McCarthy were born on June 8, 2009. 8:49am and 8:50am respectively. Claire came out screaming her head off and weighed in at 5lbs, 10oz and 18.5inches long. Ronan made a quieter entrance and measured 6lbs even and 19.5inches long.
Claire was able to join us in our hospital room several hours after the birth. Ronan had a few breathing porblems and had to head to the NICU. We were able to visit him later that day and then began the process of nursing Claire, pumping milk, and taking it to Ronan in a bottle.
We brought Claire home on Thursday afternoon, and were able to pick Ronan up the very next evening. With everything said and done, we feel VERY lucky to have everyone home within the week with no major complications for babies or mom.
C-section is quite the experience. Very different from what I had done in the past, but again, I am very thankful for the c-section option considering that both babies were breech and Ronan was significantly bigger than Claire. It is doubtful that he would have made it out behind her in a vaginal delivery. Everything happens for a reason. I am absolutely confident that God was watching out for us every step of the way on this twin pregnancy journey. We joke now that we apparently moved to El Paso just to finish the pregnancy and have our babies! Whatever the reason(s) we are ready and eager to move back to the Corrales area as a stonger, better, bigger family! See you all soon.